1) The cost of student workbooks are included under the $50 TUMI-LA student tuition fee.
2) As such, they belong to the student to use, write in and keep after the TUMI course is completed.
1) At the beginning of each quarter, the student will purchase his/her textbook(s) at cost from TUMI-LA.
This allows the student to use, write in and keep the textbook(s) after the course is completed.
Cost of student textbook(s) varies according to course taken (generally $30-40).
Cash is accepted; checks should be written out to World Impact, Inc.
2) Students have the option, however, to check out their books from the Timothy Library located inside the TUMI-LA Main Campus. If a student chooses this option, the following rules apply:
Textbooks may only be read while in the TUMI Main Campus area.
Textbooks must be signed out for the time in which the book is being read.
Student is NOT allowed to write in textbooks, reference books, or any other related materials.
3) If a student takes a TUMI course as an Individual Study, the following rules apply:
The textbooks may be used for the period in which the Individual Study course is taken.
Textbooks will be on a loan basis, which means that the student is not allowed to write in the textbooks or deface them in any other way.
If the student does not return the textbooks in good condition, he/she may be charged the full cost to replace the damaged textbooks depending on the extent of the damage (full discretion is given to the TUMI-LA staff).
If the student loses, misplaces, or fails to return the textbooks after the course is completed, he/she will be charged the full cost to replace the missing textbooks.
The Urban Ministry Institute of Los Angeles (TUMI-LA) 2001 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90007 (323) 735-3400 ext 372 firstname.lastname@example.org